miércoles, 1 de septiembre de 2010

Past Perfect Progressive

Affirmative:

We had been sleeping for 12 hours when he woke us up.

They had been waiting at the station for 90 minutes when the train finally arrived. 

We had been looking for her ring for two hours and then we found it in the bathroom. 
 

Frank Sinatra caught the flu because he had been singing in the rain too long. 

He had been driving less than an hour when he ran out of petrol. 

They were very tired in the evening because they had been helping on the farm all day. 

I had been doing my homework in class when the teacher arrived.
They had been cycling all day so their legs were sore in the evening. 


She had been looking for her boyfriend when her friend called her.


He had been riding a horse when he fell down and broke his leg.




Negative:


I had not been walking for a long time, when it suddenly began to rain.


I had not been working all day; so I wasn't tired and went to the disco at night.


I had not been playing computer since I arrived from school.


She had not been paying attention in class when the teacher was so upset.


They had not been working when I come back to the class.


She had not been helping her friend when she fell down of the stairs.


He had not been bothering me when I went to her place to reproach it to him.


She had not been helping to her mother when she need it.


I had not been paying attention to my mom because I was thinking in the school.


His boyfriend hadn't been in her house because he scaped of her dog.


Questions:


How long had she been learning English before she went to London?


Had he been playing soccer for a long time?


Had they been waiting for us?


Had she been sleeping for 15 hours?


Had my brother been broking my toys when I wasn't In house?


Had you been working when I called you?


Had they been stoling the groseries of that place?


Had she been eating when I was paying attention?


Had he been doing his homework in the accorded time ?


Had they been playing guitar in English class?



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario